I've been tagged by Should a been a belle to to list 7 Random Things About Me (those of you who used to read The Feathered Nest probably already know all these things about me so feel free to skip down to today's post. But I thought that since I have quite a few new readers that they might like to get to know me a bit better.
- I hate to drive! Consequently I try to drive as little as possible (which most of the time works out anyway). I don't drive on the highway and I don't like left turns. I started driving pretty late in life since I went to boarding school for high school and didn't need a car and then moved to NYC where I also didn't need a car.
- I used to be a ballet dancer (the living in NYC part). Now I hardly even go to the ballet! Just shows you how your interests can change as you get older.
- I'm an only child, my husband is an only child and we only have one child (well Maxie our Golden thinks he's human and a little baby - but that's another story)!
- I'm a.....crier! Yes, I cry at practically everything - which can be very exhausting! I cry even at the happy parts of movies cause I'm so happy! I cry at commercials, I cry of course at sad things even if they don't remotely have anything to do with me. I can't see certain parts of movies I've seen a hundred times because I cry - Like in "Little Women" I always have to fast forward the part when you know who you know what!
- I could live on sweets if I only had the choice! I'd much rather have desert than a main course. All that meat and veggies just gets in the way of the good stuff! A balanced diet is overrated in my opinion!
- I drink quite a bit of coffee throughout the day (although I switched to half reg half decaff quite a while ago).
- I feel I'm a very, very, very energetic person (perhaps do to copious amounts of coffee?).
Now you know 7 very random things about me! Also, I was very fortunate to receive two awards this past week. Isn't this a pretty one!
I'd like to thank Lady Katherine, Lady Katherine Tea Parlor for that wonderful award. I'd also like to thank Betty, Country Charm for this special award below. Thank you both so much, it's so sweet that you thought of me!
It was really great to get outside and work in yard yesterday! I spent a few hours sucking up all the leaves with the mulching mower and then spreading them on some of my flower beds. I thought I'd snap a few pictures of my blooms before the frosts start to kill everything. So since this post has been so long, I'll just post the pictures with no text.