Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Bit of Spring & Thank You


Look what a friend brought me today! 3 real hydrangeas! 2 white and 1 blue. I put them in one of my old soup tureens. I never seem to actually serve any soup from my tureens!




How nice it is to have a bit of spring inside on such a cold blustery day! It's around 26 today but with the wind it feels like 10. Which is cold for Atlanta and we're all just not used to it so we're freezing!



I've gotten a few awards that I'd like to acknowledge. Laura from Our Scented Cottage gave me the Reward of Merit (which she designed herself).

Ally Ally's Corner gave me the Friend's Award. Thank you so much!



Susan from A Southern DayDreamer put a southern spin on the award and gave me the Georgia Friends Award which is to be passed on to a fellow Georgian blogger. So I'll pass this on to sweet Sue at Rue Mouffetard



Kelly Maria Belle Ame Beautiful Soul gave me the following award which is for blogs that "invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are extremely charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement." That's my goal!



The very sweet Gloria of Viva La Vida was kind enough to give me the Kreativ Blogger Award.



Thank you ladies! You're all very sweet for thinking of me. I truly appreciate it!



28 comments:

Lady Katherine said...

How lovely the hydrangeas are! I was just putting some dried green ones in a bowl. Wishing Spring would hurry on.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful hydrangeas!

Congrats on all the awards!

Beth at Aunties said...

The hydrangeas are perfect for a cold day and look so pretty in your soup tureen. I will have to remember that one!
I am ready for spring!
Congrats on all the awards!!!

GlorV1 said...

Manuela, I have hydrangeas growing in the back, way out in the back. I don't know if they made, I have to check. Congratulations on all your awards. See how creative you are. Have a great week.

Terri Steffes said...

So beautiful! What a sweet friend!

Latharia said...

I can almost smell them from here! How lovely!

This Little Hen said...

dont you just LOVE Georgia weather? 26 today and 60 by Friday! It's no wonder we all stay sick.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers and congrats on your awards.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I love hydrangeas and yours are beautiful - what a nice friend. Congratulations on the awards!.
Glenda

flmom said...

I love the idea of using the soup tureen - very beautiful!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hydrangea soup! I want a big bowl of that!

Kathleen Grace said...

Flowers are so very special this time of year! Congratulations on the awards, they just show how many people love your blog and you!

southerninspiration said...

Oh, I do LOVE hydrangeas, and I've never planted any! I should do that, don't you think????
They're beautiful in your soup tureen!
Suzanne

Sue said...

Hi Manuela....Thank you for the Georgia Friends Award!! that's very special coming from you....Sue.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your friend was so sweet to give you such beautiful flowers on this cold, cold winter day!

Congrats on all of the awards...
Hugs,
Penny

Salmagundi said...

Congrats on the awards!! And the hydrangeas are beautiful. Sally

Anonymous said...

I love the white ones...... they are so pretty..... fresh flowers are so up lifting in the cold..... brrrr.... I thought I was cold with 40.... stay warm
HUgs
Linda
You absolutely deserve all the lovely awards....
HUgs
Linda

Laura said...

How pretty!!! I love hydrangeas and they look wonderful the way you have them displayed.

Lorri said...

Love the flowers, they are my favorite. I just cant seem to grow them here very well. Congrats on all of your awards. Such an honor to be given so many. Happy week to you.
Lorri

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi! It was so good to catch up with you. I enjoyed lots of pictures from the last few posts, and they were all wonderful!
Donna

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, I love hydrangeas! They are one of my favorites!

Enjoy the Bit of Spring!

Jennifer said...

Love the Blog! It's about time for spring! It has snowed all day here!

Jennifer

Susie Homemaker said...

Hi Manuela,
Those hydrangeas are gorgeous! I use my tureens for almost anything but soup too...very nice!

Blessings,
Susie

Mimi Sue said...

Hydrangeas are my favorite flower. Yours are gorgeous. Loved all the chalkboard ideas. I have a can that I bought a while ago. You've inspired me. Mimi

Kim's Treasures said...

Beautiful flowers! Some of my very favorites!

Congratulations on your deserving awards!

Kim

Unknown said...

Congrats, you are quite the "decorated" blogging soldier! (and very deserving) Love the hydrangeas!

Donna said...

Beautiful hydrangeas!

Congrats on all your awards!

Anita said...

Oh my- those hygrandeas sure keep my spirit alive for Spring- it's 10 degrees here today! I have the same backsplash as you- I painted it white. And almost the same countertop. But your kitchen sure is cleaner than mine. I better get hopping!

Anita